Lafayette Adoption Lawyers
Completing an adoption can be a costly and time-consuming process. Having the services of an experienced team of family law attorneys can make a world of difference, enabling the prospective parents to achieve their dreams in a timely and efficient manner.
At Truitt Ray Law, we facilitate all types of adoptions, including:
- Stepparent adoptions
- Grandparent adoptions
- Adoptions by other family members
- Agency adoptions
- Private adoptions
In every case, we seek to achieve our client’s goal as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Representing Prospective Parents
As an adoptive parent, you want to complete the adoption process as quickly as possible. Truitt Ray Law shares your dream. When you choose us to handle your adoption, our Lafayette adoption attorneys will work diligently to achieve your goal, smoothly and efficiently.
- Explain the adoption process and your responsibilities as a parent
- Complete and file all necessary paperwork
- If a home study is required — we can explain what this entails and what the social worker will be looking for
- Obtain approval of the court for the adoption and final adoption papers
- Obtain a new birth certificate with the names of the new parent or parents
We have also represented both sides in contested adoption cases. In such cases, the court will make its decision based on what is in the “best interest” of the child. When representing you, we will provide vigorous, results-oriented representation to protect your rights. As family law trial attorneys, we have experience presenting evidence in contested adoption and child custody cases concerning what is in the best interest of children. You can depend on Truitt Ray Law for skillful advocacy in all preliminary and evidentiary hearings.
Consultation With A Lawyer
Contact Truitt Ray Law to schedule a consultation about an adoption in Indiana.